With the exception of the pollen count, we’ve had wonderful weather lately. With the abundance of sunny skies and moderate temperatures, the number of people utilizing the greenways has greatly increased. Here are just a few tips to help keep the parking lots from over flowing, and for protecting your belongings while on the greenway.
- When possible, carpool to the parking lots.
- If you are within walking distance of the greenways, consider riding your bike or walking to the greenway as opposed to driving.
- There are no lines in most of the parking lots, so be sure not to take up more space than needed when parking. Leave enough room for your neighbor to get in and out of their car too.
- Be sure to store any valuables out of sight. There has been an increase in break-ins around the greenway parking lots with the increase in use.
- Make sure you lock your vehicle while using the trail.
- Be courteous to everyone on the greenway during these high use months. If on a bike, yield to those on foot. If traveling by foot, leave space on your left for passing.
Enjoy the weather and have fun on the trails, the hot summer months are right around the corner and who knows when the rainy season will return!